Drop-In Play Regular Open Hours
Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday 8:30am to 12:00 noon
Saturday afternoon and Sunday are closed to Drop-In play.
Jack and Jill’s is an indoor play center that focuses on imaginative, creative and exploratory play. While there is not an age limit at Jack and Jill’s and every child is unique, we find that children from the age of a crawler/8 months up to about 5-6 years of age find our environment and play opportunities enjoyable.
Jack and Jill’s is not a “drop-off daycare,” but rather a “drop-in” place for children and their parents or caretaker to engage in creative play together. Through dramatic play, arts and crafts and hands on toys, children develop their imaginative skills needed for learning, while having fun.
In addition to drop-in play, Jack and Jill’s provide a place for families to hold indoor children’s birthday parties and other special events.
Some of the play opportunities offered are:
- Activity tables – trains, village, dinosaurs.
- A dramatic play area with a stage, dress up clothes and vanity area. This area has a mounted camera linked to a wall mounted TV screen that allows the children to watch themselves perform live on stage.
- Play house area with several kitchens in various sizes. A pretend workshop and grocery store area.
- Arts and crafts area.
- Building blocks.
- Reading room for storytelling and puzzles.
- A soft matted infant/crawler area with soft crawl-on and pull-up structures. Sight and sound toys.
Drop-In Play is $10 per child from the age 1 year old and up. Siblings are $8. Under 1 year olds are free with a paid accompanying sibling or $5 if no sibling. Adults are free. There is no time limit. Stay and play as long as you like! Sorry, but we do not allow in-out privileges.
It’s okay to bring food to Jack and Jill’s. We have a designated eating area with a microwave should you need to heat an item. Complimentary coffee and tea are available all day for adults. We also have small snack items, bottled water and apple juice for sale.
Jack and Jill’s has a shoes off policy for children and adults for cleanliness purposes. You can wear socks or even bring your indoor slippers if you wish.
Jack and Jill’s is handicapped accessible.